Cynthia (Perez) Duncanson
Cynthia has spent a career dedicated to the success of meaningful work and community purpose in the healthcare industry. Having spent more than 15 years in finance and reimbursement as an administrator in the private sector, Cynthia gained a unique knowledge, passion and experience base that has proven invaluable in the FQHC environment. As a LatinX and LGBTQ+ member of the community, Cynthia is sensitive to cultural and gender-related issues.
Prior to Duncanson’s role as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at Cherry Health, she served as the CFO of Honor Health Center in Pontiac, Michigan. In her role as CFO, Duncanson focuses on creating long-term financial sustainability through strategic business growth. Her sharp analytical skills and reimbursement knowledge, coupled with her personal drive to make a positive impact, motivates her to improve the effectiveness of health centers by tackling the most prevalent issues for our most vulnerable community members.
- B.S. – University of Michigan, Flint
- M.B.A – B.S. University of Michigan, Flint
Professional & Community Engagement
- Luke Duncanson Legacy Foundation, Co-Founder – 2014 to present
- Michigan Community Health Network (MCHN) Finance Committee Board Member – 2019 to present
- Institute Management Accountants (IMA) Member – 2018 to present