Demetrius is a people-centric, strategic, and collaborative leader with more than 10 years of experience in HR operations and people leadership. Throughout his career, Demetrius has been dedicated to driving the execution of HR strategies, such as implementing talent management programs and prioritizing team member well-being. He is passionate about creating an environment where every team member feels valued, heard, and motivated to reach their full potential. As such, he places emphasis on creating a culture where team members are both included and drawn to the organization’s mission and vision. He is also passionate about finding ways to support those in need within local communities. He is an active volunteer, working with displaced populations to provide necessities, and functions as a career panel participant to support our youth.
As Chief People Officer, Demetrius is responsible for setting and leading the overarching people strategy. This includes the continual alignment of Cherry Health’s human resources strategy to business objectives and key results. By prioritizing the most important assets, our people, Demetrius will invest in innovative ways that support a growing and sustainable organization. His commitment to fostering an inclusive culture that empowers all employees is at the forefront of his leadership philosophy.
Prior to joining Cherry Health, Demetrius held leadership positions across various industries. Some of which include healthcare, insurance, and finance. During his tenure, he has led teams through complex mergers, significant change management, and championed efforts to increase DE&I.
- M.B.A., Human Resource Management – Central Michigan University
- B.A., Business Leadership – Cornerstone University
- SHRM Certified Professional – Society for Human Resource Management
- Diversity &Inclusion in HR Management – Human Resource Certification Institute
Professional & Community Engagement
- Kent Intermediate School District – 2021 to present
- Human Resource Group of West MI – 2023 to present
- Western Michigan Project Management Institute – 2023 to present